Friday, July 25, 2014

Phillip Brooks: Christian/Professional Basketball Player/Clothing Designer/Entrepreneur





Black Pepper Media, had the opportunity the pleasure to interview professional basketball player Phillip Brooks. An upcoming Christian Clothing designer out of Dallas, Texas.
Check it out...



BPM: 
Who Is Philip Brooks?

Philip:
I am a 28 years old professional basketball player who plays overseas from Dallas, Texas.

BPM:
Were you born and raised in Dallas, Texas?

Philip:
Born 1985, my whole life.

BPM:
How long have you been playing professional basketball and have you played here in the states or just overseas?

Philip:
This is my 6th year now playing overseas. Never played pro in the states, only when I attended school & college. 

BPM:
What schools you attend? 

Philip:
I attended North Garland High school, then from there I attended Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Abilene Christain University and Langston University. 

BPM:
If I may ask, why three different colleges? 

Philip: 
I was at Pine bluff and had problems with my coach. So I went to ACU, it was the same situation. So I finished my last eligibility playing at Langston University.

BPM: 
How much longer do you see yourself playing professional basketball?

Philip: 
I see me playing for another 8 years.

BPM:
Philip Brooks Clothing Company. What made you to want to get into fashion and start your own clothing line? 

Philip:
This past year. I like to dress and love God. So had in mind about a year ago I want to start my own Christain Clothing line that represent my own individual style and God.

BPM: 
How are your clothes diffrent from the other Christian designer?

Philip: 
I think my clothes are different from the other Christain designers because most of thier clothes are only T-shirts. My Clothing line gives you all types of looks (shirts, tanks, jeans, leggins, hats, kid section) and more coming with the Fall collection.

BPM:
What would you tell somebody looking to start their own clothing line/business? 

Philip:
I would tell them its not going to be easy. Make as many contacts before you go in. Planned it for a year or more and be ready to take risk on losing alot of money at first.

BPM:
Was there any doubt because of the process it took for everything to come together? 

Philip:
I never had any doubt. I put it out their with Faith in God. God told me to dont worry just do it and do it with faith and confidence and he would do the rest. So thats what I did.

BPM:
Was their doubters, naysayers that was speaking negatively of what you was trying to do?

Philip:
I really don't know individuals by their name or who actually was talking down on me. But it was things being said and especially from where I grew up at. I don't pay it no mind, you have to have haters to reach success. I just keep my faith in God and who ever supports will support. If not, I will always put God first and keep movin.

BPM: 
Outside of basketball and being a fashion designer. What other interests do you have?

Philip: 
Right now just looking into other investment,opportunities for the near future.

BPM:
Who is your favorite designer?

Philip:
Michael Costello by far

BPM:
What's Next? What Do You have coming up on the horizon?

Philip:
Next will be the Women and Mens fall collection. I have a few creative ideas but will wait to make it public when it Launches


Black Pepper Media would like to thank Phillip Brooks for giving us the opportunity to interview him and we would like to also wish him the best on his new Christian Clothing line. 

You can catch Phillip Brooks on his social media websites Facebook, Twitter and Instagram links are below. Also don't forget to check out his clothing line website as well 
philipbrooksclothingco.com

Thank for stopping by Black Pepper Media.
You can find us on
Twitter:
Twitter.com/BlackPepperM or 
Twitter.com/AnointedJedi
Email: BlackPepperMediallc@gmail.com

Always remember:
You've Made Mistakes But You Are Not A Mistake. You Are God's Workmanship, You Are God's Masterpiece, You Are An Original, You Are One Of A Kind...

Till Next Time
Stay Focus, Stay Grounded & Stay Blessed...

Philip Brooks Social Media 

philipbrooksclothingco.com

No comments:

Post a Comment